Antik Cache Server
HLS Live Cache is highly optimized caching server tailored for HLS live streaming protocol. It can be used either at the headend to provide linear scalability of streaming throughtput, or stream delivery to distant locations to save bandwidth between locations.
Concurrent cache filling and streaming of the same file
- Traditional cache servers need to download whole file from it's origin to start transmitting it to the clients. That time is wasted. Result is increased latency for clients which is directly affecting quality of service. Concurrent filling and streaming feature allows to stream file to the clients before it was completely downloaded from the origin server. It behaves like a stream-through proxy with caching. Filling and streaming is fully decoupled so cache can fill as fast as it is allowed by maximum download speed of server or network.
- When using HLS protocol, many clients are requesting the same file at the same time. With traditional cache servers this can lead to multiple download of the same file from origin. With our cache server each file is downloaded exactly once, even if many requests are made simultaneously.
High performance, short duration RAM caching
- To achieve high performance (10Gbit/s), RAM caching is used. Each file is cached for less than 2 minutes. Most HLS streams are using 30-60s of data. It means that whole dataset for live streaming must fit into memory.
Hardware requirements variability
- Depending on required throughput, it can be used on both - low cost or high performance multicore servers.
- OS: Linux Debian 8 64bit
- CPU: any amd64 architecture based CPU (from Core i5 to Xeon CPUs)
- RAM: 16GB + enough to fit entire dataset for live streaming (content of all HLS playlists)
- HDD: any storage >10GB
- ETH: from 100Mbit to 10Gbit (or more depending on CPU)
DATASHEET_Antik Cache Server
QUOTATION_Antik Cache Server